City Farming Today

Thoughts and stories from the world of Mike Gibson and adventures of the City Farmers

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Ex Godfathers guitarist, now singer songwriter with own band The City Farmers

Monday, October 11, 2004

Plough that furrow

Played a lovely gig with the boys back on Sep 30th at The Eye and we've been asked to headline a Saturday in January as a result. Always nice to have something to look forward to, especially in the dark days of winter.
I'll be doing the rounds getting some gigs sorted this week as the diary is almost empty now after the recent spate of activity.
I won't however, be re-starting Acousticism as planned. I found when it came to it that I didn't feel like doing the organisation required and I've been enjoying playing more gigs around different places since I stopped in June. These things tend to have a natural lifespan and that one appears to have expired. Onward and upward.
Still wrestling with ebay in the attempt to sell City Farm, particularly in the territories where there is no distribution at present. (Anywhere outside the UK!). I'll get there in the end but it must be one of the great time consuming phenomena of the noughties. I like to think I'm fairly web-savvy but I have spent hours trying to sort out a suitable listing for the album but am constantly finding that I don't have enough feedback for this or they'll need my bank details, school photo and blood group before I can make a fixed-price listing...It makes me sooooooo!
Finally decided to clear out some old flight cases that have been doing a very poor impersonation of a sofa in my front room since my days with The Godfathers. They are one of those things you think will definitely come in handy again but, in the end, you realise that even if I did fly out to do some gigs, I'm playing acoustic now and it won't fit anyway. Anyone needing to transport an electric guitar around a lot should take a look on ebay. Don't stay too long mind.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home